V-Ray Next for SketchUp, update 2 works seamlessly in SketchUp 2020. It’s packed with new features and optimizations that make it easier, smoother and more enjoyable to create high-quality renders.
Note: This update is free for all active V-Ray Next for SketchUp clients.
New features in V-Ray for SketchUp, update 2 include:
- RTX support – Boost your V-Ray GPU performance with NVIDIA RTX technology.
- Proxies with materials – Import or create a proxy mesh asset and V-Ray will automatically generate a set of material slots, making it easier to manage materials.
- Color assistant – Choose the exact color you need with the right hue, saturation and value variation with the Color Assistant, V-Ray Color Picker’s new extension.
- Improved materials – We’ve optimized the underlying shading structure of all scene materials, so advanced attributes can now be added or removed without cluttering the material properties.
- Unified installer – Enjoy a smooth, single-step installation of all the components included in the V-Ray package.
- Color themes – A new “Bright” color theme is now available for the V-Ray user interface.
- Partial scene export – Export only the current selection as a .vrscene file containing its applied materials, lights and other V-Ray special objects.
- VRscans enhancement – The VRscans material now includes a triplanar texture projection mode, removing the need for UV mapping of objects that use the material.